Industry Advisor Expression of Interest
Industry Advisor Expression of Interest for Right Way Program
About Service Skills Australia
Service Skills Australia is a not-for-profit, independent organisation, which is one of 11 Industry Skills Councils funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) to support skills development for our industries. We consult and engage with industry, training organisations, government and other stakeholders to develop and support the implementation of nationally recognised training products that respond to industry skill needs.
Service Skills Australia represents a range of industry sectors:
- retail and wholesale.
- sport, fitness, community recreation, outdoor recreation.
- travel, tours, meetings and events, accommodation.
- restaurants and catering, caravans, hairdressing, beauty, floristry.
- community pharmacy and funeral services
About the Right Way Program?
Service Skills Australia (SSA) not only develops a suite of Training Packages but also has a role in their quality implementation.
The Right Way program is part of SSA’s strategic work to achieve quality skills outcomes throughout the service industries. It is a national accreditation program, linked directly to Training Package requirements, designed to promote best practice in service industry training.
This program, part of SSA’s strategic work to achieve quality skills outcomes throughout the service industries, focuses on three key areas:
- Quality training and assessment facilities
Assessment environments which are as industry realistic as possible with equipment currently used by modern service industry businesses
- Quality trainers and assessors
Trainers and assessors with relevant and current industry experience
- Quality learning resources
Effective learning resources which align to Training Package content
Expression of Interest
Right Way uses the expertise of current industry practitioners, known as Industry Advisors, from each sector of the service industries to evaluate applications. Their participation in the evaluation process underpins the effective operation of the Right Way program.
Industry Advisors are engaged by SSA to:
- participate in the evaluation of Registered Training Organisation facilities to ensure equipment and other resources reflect those currently used in workplaces
- evaluate applications for trainer and assessor recognition to ensure they have the correct industry skills and experience
- evaluate learning resources for relevance to current industry practice
We are asking for expressions of interest from Industry practitioners to evaluate applications.
Essential Skills and Experience
The participation of practitioners who currently work in industry is crucial to the success of the Right Way program. These Industry Advisors are involved in all evaluation processes because they have current industry knowledge, expertise in current operational practice and knowledge of what workplace equipment and resources are currently used.
It is essential that Industry Advisors:
- Have relevant industry experience in one or more fields of service industry operation. This means they have actually worked in a job where they would have applied the particular training package competencies they will now use Right Way evaluation processes.
- Have comprehensive current knowledge of their field of the industry, current industry practices, various job roles and equipment and resources used on a day to day basis in service industry workplaces relevant to their field of expertise. This means they will be in current service industry employment.
Importantly, Industry Advisors' primary employer should not be a registered training organisation.
To be valuable to the Right Way process, Industry Advisors will be employed in the relevant industry on a regular basis that provides for current skills and working knowledge of industry practice.
If you are a current service industry practitioner who wishes to participate in the Right Way program as an Industry Advisor, please contact Alethea Bell via email email@example.com, and we will provide you with an Industry Advisor Expression of Interest form for you to complete.
Alethea Bell firstname.lastname@example.org or on +02 8243 1200
|Industry Advisor EOI_Feb 2013_V3.0.docx||578.75 KB|